Follow Me On Blogloving

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Individuals Divide, Teams Conquer


 What would happen to a football team where every player does what he thinks is the best play and no one actually runs the same play? Total chaos ensues. Unfortunately I see this every day. In today's society we place our needs and wants above everyone else. Just try driving and you can see many individuals worrying about themselves, about how quickly they can get from point A to B. We have all seen these drivers. They are the ones that cut you off in traffic. They are the ones that get irritated with those who choose to follow the rules. The problem is that if I am driving the speed limit and your riding my tail, that is your problem if you are inconvenienced. To make matters worse is if I am already going faster than the speed limit and your irritated because I am not going fast enough.

       Ladies and gentlemen, we are living in a me, me, me society. If I cannot have something now, If I cannot have it my way, If I cannot do whatever I want, that is a problem. I want the all the best, fastest, flashiest car that gives me the most status. I want the biggest T.V. that there is so that I can. If a product is not waiting for me in the store, I get irritated. We want the convenience to live as we want.

   Now I understand that this is not true for everybody. There are some that really do consider others before themselves. Sometimes they even go out of their way to serve others. Then on the other hand these people too can be ( but not always) part of the problem. Take a look at the world. Members of families are fighting, neighbors are fighting, countries are fight. Why is that?

     We as individuals are too selfish to see that there is more to this world than what we want. It is because we as citizens of this country and world that think that everyone should think, live and believe like everyone else. We are individuals. By saying this I do not just mean that each person is a individual, but each neighborhood, each city, each country and each religion are individuals. We want what is the best for these individuals, not taking consideration that this world is made up of individuals that have our own wants, needs, and beliefs.

     When all is said and done we wonder why people have to die in wars. We wonder why our freedoms are being taken away. We sit in our living rooms, watching that big T.V., yelling it (as if it will answer back) when someone like politicians and preachers (and others) say things that we do not agree with. That then becomes the extent of our actions. We remain individuals in our own individual comfort zones.

     If we decided to come together as a team we could make this world a much better place. If we don't we submit to the teams that are forming around us. We complain about the governments that appear to be taking our freedoms away. We complain that we that we are slaves to the economic system. We complain about  this and about that, and we do not take the time to create a winning team. We are the ones that "hire" our government (from our point of view as Americans). We are the ones that keep spending money and going further and further into debt allowing for money to control use, and the banking/economic system is the ultimate team. It has the power to buy countries, to buy governments, to by individuals.

Until we form our own teams and take control of our economic future, our families, our governments, our countries and our world, we have no right to complain that the other "team" is winning. The best thing we can do is become involved in our families, our communities, our governments, our countries, and our world. Until we can do this we will continue to be on the loosing team.


No comments:

Post a Comment