Follow Me On Blogloving

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The World As I See It

When I wake up in the morning and I look at the world around me I have a sense of peace. At 3 A.M. it is still dark out and when I head to my car for work, I step outside into the darkness, into a peaceful quietness. The crickets are chirping and on clear days I can look up at the sky and see the stars. At that time I am reminded that I am just a small part of a bigger plan.

I travel to work in a city that is known for its crime and violence. I never see it, not saying that someday I might encounter negativity, it just has not happened to the extent of it hindering me and my peaceful world that I live in.

I travel on roads heading to work where everyone follows the rules whether written or unwritten. Everyone has a understanding as to how to get from point A to point B. I am able to travel 17 miles each way to and from work because people are willing to work together for a common goal.

These are the people that make up the majority of our society. These are what we would call the "silent majority". These are the people that peacefully participate in their communities. These are the people that vote in elections and accept the out comes. These are the people that quietly work beside whites, blacks, Muslims, Jews, Catholics and Protestants, gays and transgenders. In fact these are the people who when one of their diverse neighbors is in need there is a helping hand. These are the people who will even travel out of their way to serve there human brothers and sisters. These are the people who do this even it they do not really agree with their neighbors lifestyle or points of view. These are the actions of the "silent majority".

The actions of the minority are amplified to try to sway our views on thinking that this is that way that the world really is. Yet on a scale of things the minority is just that the minority. They are the ones that the media attach themselves to in hopes to play on the emotions of the "silent majority" thus spurring the majority to join the minority in their causes. The minority strive to get their issues in front of the law makers in order to make changes to support their causes. They play on the emotions of society hoping for change.

I think  that we should ignore the minority. I think that we should stop supporting the media when it sensationalizes that negatives in our world. I think that we should quietly throw our support behind the ones who are promoting peace and well being. I think that we need to remind our leaders, in a peaceful manner, who really is in charge of this country and world. The day that we remove the podium from the minority that is when we will once again have peace in this world.

Now I am not saying that we need to just roll over and shun that minority. What needs to happen is that we all need to come together to make this world a better world. Where we all live in peace and can accept one another for who they are and not for who we think they are. When a fire needs three things to burn, fuel, oxygen and heat. Remove one element of this fire triangle and the fire goes out. Maybe we should consider putting out this fire that is burning in our country and world, and we should do it in a peaceful manner. It can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment